Welcome! I am Yan Zhang, working as a research assistant in the Robot Learning & Interaction group at Idiap Research Institute. I am currently working on learning and optimal control for robot manipulation. My research interest lies in the intersection of robotics, optimization, reinforcement learning and control theory. My previous research topics cover: deep reinforcement learning, imitation learning, simulation-to-reality transfer, variable impedance control, and optimal control in robotics.
- Oct. 2022 - Joined in the Robot Learning & Interaction group at Idiap
Selected Research Projects
Please check the Projects part of this website. Some selected projects will be shown in short in the future.
- Robotics Research Assistant, Idiap Robot Learning & Interaction Group (Martigny) Oct. 2022 - Current
- Research Topic: learning and optimal control for robot manipulation
- Robotics Research Assistant, Institute of Robotics and Intelligent Systems (Xi’an) Sept. 2019 - June. 2022
- Research Topic: robot learning and optimizing compliant manipulation skills with human demonstrations
- Robotics Research Internship, Tencent Robotics X Lab (Shenzhen) Oct. 2021 - Feb. 2022
- Research Topic: Sim2Real transfer techniques for quadruped robot learning animal-like locomotion skills in the real world